Friday, January 14, 2011

OPI Give Me Moor! Polish Review

So tonight at school, I am polishing a classmate's nails and what happens?? I drop the -open- bottle on the ground, it bounces about 5 times, splattering nail polish in a helter skelter pattern all over the floor, me, and a neighbor's bag. Thank goodness the bag was just a .99 T.J. Maxx bag, or I honestly think I would have cried! Anyway, I felt very responsible for wasting 1/4 of a bottle of polish, so here I am replacing it. Bringing me to OPI Give Me Moor! I figured I would make good use of the situation and review the polish.

Tonight, I did a test run...just polished myself with no base or top coats. My thoughts are kind of mixed, while the color is stunning, the polish itself leaves a little to be desired. There's quite a bit of cuticle drag, it's still sheer with one GOOD coat, which from a very dark, vampy polish I would expect better. It took me 3 coats, some nails took 4 to get a nice, even coverage. That was the other issue! Some nails took well to the polish, and others it took a bit to cover. So strange!

So the color! OMG, so gorgeous it's insane. As previously mentioned, definitely a vampy polish. Very dark, almost black looking. A solid purple base with an almost violet hue, and the teensiest hint of shimmer. My nails are currently a pretty good length too, and it doesn't look like too much, as some darks can. This would definitely look wonderful on shorter nails, but I have no issue with it being on my longer nails. For reference, my nail overhangs my finger by about 1/4".

So, now you're probably wondering: Where are the pictures? Well, I want to do this first photo RIGHT. So I am going to give myself a proper manicure tomorrow, complete with base & top coats, then take a photo and blog. So, you'll get 2 blog posts. :) Fun times. See you beauties tomorrow!!

Until then, Never go through life without a passion for beauty & Fashion. ;)

PMBB

No comments:

Post a Comment