Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rosebud Lip Balm & Moisturizer

Okay, so yes...I am lazy. And I am so far behind it's insane, and I am once again writing a review about something that is NOT on my blog's to-do list. You can beat me later. But right now, you're going to thank me. Maybe you've heard of this balm already, in which case you should share your experiences. In any case, this was my very first time using this lip balm, and I can tell you now that it most certainly will not be my last.

Let me start out by saying, that I don't really have dry, flaky lips by nature. My lips are pretty smooth and smoochable (heehee) but in the winter they do tend to get a little more dry. That's usually the only time I really need to use any type of lip balm. I came across this wonder, sort of by accident. I think I might have typed in lip balm or something of the sort. I saw this, it didn't really call to me. What DID catch my attention was Cake Beauty Lemon Chiffon Lip butter. That was a colossal disappointment! It was waxy, a teeny tiny container, it smelled faintly of lemons, but tasted of nothing, left a terrible coating on my lips, and the price was a whopping $9. I think in my review on Sephora's website, I might have even mentioned that Chapstick would be better. That's not a lie...Chapstick is better.

For a price comparison on the Rosebud Lip Balm & Moisturizer, it is $7. You get quadruple the product, plus it pulls double duty. You can use this fabulous stuff on your lips, but also: your hands, any scrapes, burns, cuts you may have. It also smells addictively like strawberries. It doesn't leave a greasy residue on your hands, and it truly is moisturizing. It kind of reminds me of what my Strawberry the Shortcake toys smelled like as a kid. Talk about nostalgic. After using this miracle product on my lips, even just the first time I felt a distinctive difference. My lips felt much softer, supple, and more moisturized. It lasts quite a while too, not through eating and drinking but the good part of the morning without reapplication.

There is no color to this, but there is a very subtle sheen. It's amazing, because I am a huge lipgloss/lipstick girlie and I didn't even feel the need to apply either this morning. It does however, layer quite well with lipgloss. Yes, I've tried it. I personally do not think you will regret this purchase, so go buy one! :)














You can buy this at Sephora, Ulta, Anthropologie, or drugstore.com. I'm sure there are other retailers that carry it, but I am not in your area. So you'll have to do the leg work if you want to see it in person. Have personal experience with this HG product or questions? Leave them below. :)

Until then!

Never go through life without a passion for beauty & fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment